7 guys + machine = SIP installation in 13 days
7,000 sq. ft. restaurant in L.A. county (town of Downey, CA). 7 guys+machine in 11 days of actual SIP install (13 days to dry in). Our local engineer was crucial reducing the amount of steel and other structural elements during redesign and pushing through L.A.’s rigid code/permitting/inspection process.
Building systems with acceleration advantages is key these days for builders and developers. With weather constrictions, labor shortages and positive building economy… construction teams are wanting to get projects up easy and quick. Erection of SIP panels is estimated to be as much as 3 times faster than traditional framing with no special training for framing installation needed, and provides multiple building needs all in one step. More benefits include:
- Unlimited design possibilities: SIPS can be used for virtually any building design
- SIP structures have less interior noise, fewer drafts, and more consistent interior temperatures due to the continuous foam core inside every SIP
- SIPS make inside finish work easier to complete
- Due to their inherent air-tightness, SIPs make control of IAQ possible
- Energy efficiency of SIPS reduces heating and cooling costs
- SIPS are custom manufactured to meet specifications, reducing jobsite waste
- Building with SIPS help earn LEED Points
SIPS Installation: Green Wall-US
Structural Engineer: Wight Engineers
QUESTIONS ON THIS PROJECT?