Design is only as good as the products you have to work with. That’s why architects and engineers love designing the building envelope (structural framing) with SIPS from Premier Building Systems.
Premier’s structural insulated panels are not only the best available on the market, but Architects & Engineers rave about this versatile design product that builders and homeowners love. Once design professionals get a sense of the versatility that designing and specifying Premier SIPS offers they turn to SIPs time and time again.
Our technical design resources provide the critical information you need to design structures with Premier SIP systems and products. Our Technical Division has nearly forty years of third party data and testing to meet your needs, so if you don’t find what you need please contact the Premier SIPs Expert in your area.
Premier SIPs Code Reports
At the end of the day, it’s all about choosing proven products that meet building requirements. While most all SIP Systems qualify within the IRC, not all manufacturers invest in ICC-ES reports. We have the most extensive and robust code reports in the SIPs industry. It’s our way of providing you with the tools to design and and construct buildings with superior framing systems.
- ICC-ES Evaluation Report-ESR-4524 (Includes LABC, LARC, CBC, CRC Supplements)
- Regional Code Requirements – Contact your local Premier Sales Rep to assist with the most applicable energy & building code, and regional jurisdiction requirements.
Premier SIPs Quality Control
Premier uses third party independent quality assurance agencies to assess and audit the quality control process in our manufacturing facilities. These agencies include PFS Corporation and Underwriters Laboratories. Premier also requires their suppliers to undergo similar processes to ensure the delivery of raw materials that meet Premier’s exacting specifications.
Premier SIPS has received several awards for Quality Assurance and is the only SIPs manufacturer nationwide to have received the coveted Commitment to Quality Award from PFS Corporation. Premier was the first and is still the only manufacturer, nationwide, to use controlled environment laminating in their pressing operation.
Premier also has a full-time Technical Center available to assist with all design and engineering needs. Our Tech Center team regularly tests our product properties. From fire ratings to loads to R-values, to specification updates, we have invested in providing you with thorough and accurate design & construction resources.
Premier SIPs Seismic Loading & Performance
The Forest Products Lab recently published the following SIP Research paper. This paper discusses SIP Seismic load handling, aspect ratios and perforated shear wall research. This work is a joint research project of USDA Forest Service, Forest Products Laboratory, and the Structural Insulated Panel Association (SIPA).
Premier SIPs Specific Code Reports for Seismic categories D, E, and F:
Energy Efficiency starts with the Building Envelope
Top reasons why architects are turning to Premier SIPS for roof, wall and floor framing needs:
- Incredible “green” features. Home and building owners regularly save up to 60% on utility bills. The R-Values of all panels are unsurpassed when compared with traditional stick frame lumber construction. Find out more…
- Strength. SIPs are able to bear incredible loads. Ideal for heavy snow loads in cold climates such as Alaska, or for withstanding nature’s forces (storms, winds, hurricanes and more) Premier SIPs truly are a stronger, structural framing option. The IRC and ICC agrees with Premier’s SIPs technology and has adapted the product category into the national residential and commercial code guidelines.
- The ultimate code reports. We believe in the advantages the SIPs technology offers the construction industry so we spent years in product development and research to create the best code reports in the industry.
- Straighter walls. With expanses ranging up to 24 feet in one panel, its no wonder that buildings achieve straighter walls without bows and curves. Homeowners love straight walls to showcase artwork and stage intricate lighting designs. Builders love straight walls because they make flooring, millwork, cabinet, door and window installation much easier by reducing the need for shimming floors and constantly trimming and adapting millwork to fit bowed walls.
- Better design. Archways and curves are second nature in the design of Premier SIPS . Our routers can cut our panels and openings in our panels into any shape you can dream up. Panels are delivered to the job site pre-cut per your drawings, allowing jobsite installers to cut days off of installation when they would otherwise be creating arched openings, windows and more. To make sure you are able to take full advantage of the versatility that SIPs offer our experienced drafters and project engineers are available to assist you throughout the design and specifying process. Preview our featured architectural project profiles to get a sense of SIPs design options.
- A builders dream. Who wouldn’t love offering their customers a product that will save money on utility bills, reduce installation labor schedules by 60% and that will offer a stronger, healthier home? Once they’ve tried working with them, builders love SIPs for these very reasons. So you can be confident you are offering your customers and contractors a superior framing product.
- Fire & insect resistance. The foam in Premier SIPS includes a treatment that makes the foam resistant to carpenter ants and termites. Premier SIPS exceeds all North American standards for residential construction. In addition, we have completed exhaustive testing for multifamily and commercial structures requiring one-hour fire resistant assemblies. Premier SIPS perform very well in these tests. When covered with an appropriate thermal barrier, such as gypsum board, SIPs meet all national fire safety standards for any Type V structure.
Ready to dive in fast? Take our AIA online accredited CEU course now.
Our Experts are here for you every step of the way
Dedicated Project Manager
We believe it is our job to be your best framing design resource. When you work with Premier you will have one Project Manager (point-of-contact) to help answer all your design questions. Our Project Managers work regularly with our in-house drafting and engineering divisions so they can help you find the support and technical information that you require to complete your design projects efficiently. We are also available to help convert your older designs into Premier SIPS plans.
In House Technical Center
Engineers and design professionals with literally 50+ years of combined experience are on hand to help answer any challenging technical design questions you have. Anything that your Project Manager requires additional support on, comes from professionals with decades of international experience working with the SIP product.
Sustainability & Environmental
Please visit our detailed Environmental webpage here. You’ll find thorough information on
- Sustainable structures with SIPs: How SIPs save energy & conserve resources
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ): How Structural Insulated Panel structures create turn-key healthy indoor environments.
- LEED certification
- Tax Credits
- Energy Efficient Loans
- Industry Resources & Studies
SIPA: Best Practices for designing with SIP
The Structural Insulated Panel Association (SIPA) along with its manufacturing members have created a guide of best practices to help you when designing with SIPs.
APA: Engineered Wood Association Resources
As the industry expert for engineered wood products the APA has extensive product resources detailing the use of wood products included in SIP systems such as OSB & Lumber. The history and testing of SIPs and wood based components is well detailed by APA resources below.